The EBT Program allows participating vendors at the Farmers' Market to accept SNAP food assistance benefits (commonly known as food stamps) like cash for applicable food items! SNAP benefits will be accepted at both our Saturday and Wednesday weekly markets.
HOW DOES THE MARKET EBT PROGRAM WORK?
1. Customers using an Ohio Direction Card will come to the Market Information Booth and tell the staff how much they would like to withdraw from their card to use at the Market.
2. Staff will give $1 wooden tokens to the customer. These tokens can be used at any authorized vendor displaying the "We Welcome SNAP Benefits" sign. These tokens can ONLY be used at the Clinton County Farmers' Market.
The current authorized vendors are:
BOB WEBB FARMS
3. Customers will use the $1 tokens to buy applicable food items from the participating vendors.
The tokens CAN buy: fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, bread, baked goods, honey, jams, jellies, salsa, herbs and spices, sauces, dip mixes, condiments, and seeds or plants that produce food.
The tokens CANNOT be used to purchase any non-food items. Also, customers CANNOT get change back for token-only purchases.
4. If you have unused tokens, you can hold on to them for the next Market (tokens are good through the summer season) or you can return them to the Market Information Booth to get the money reimbursed to your Direction Card.
WHY SHOP AT THE FARMERS' MARKET?
1. Local vendors can offer great deals on fruits and vegetables at peak season!
2. Know where your food is from - everything at the Market comes from Clinton County or a surrounding county!
3. Fresh, locally-grown & homemade food just tastes better!
4. The Market is fun for the whole family! We feature live music and special events like cooking demos and kid's days - all for free!
For more information or questions on the Farmers' Market EBT program, please call Dessie at 937-728-7075 or email: email@example.com. Or you can download our EBT brochure HERE.
To get general information on food assistance benefits, please visit the Clinton County Job and Family Services office, call them at 937-382-0963, or visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/.